Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Return

Well, it’s official…

…I’m back! Back to the sandy, sun-soaked, beachside hamlets of The Hamptons for another summer season. (Cue music: The Boys are Back in Town) Once again I am working hard in one of Montauk’s finest restaurants, Inlet Seafood, which has already brought in the O’Connell family and will hopefully garner the attention of more celebrities as the season commences; a guy has to network after all…

This year I’ve come prepared with some snazzy new business cards which I plan to hand out in abundance to promote myself and I hope to be writing for some area publications if all goes according to plan.

I’ve only been back for a week, but as soon as I dropped my bags in my old digs and became settled, everything came rushing back to me. It feels like I never left. Probably, because a part of me never did leave, as I dreamt up summer fantasies throughout the entirety of winter to keep me warm.

Though summer is upon us, I’m determined to make this one count for something, make it worth my time. Last year was beyond amazing, don’t get me wrong, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am getting older and escaping reality every few months can only last for so long. I want this summer to be the one where I can really grab a hold of something and take off on another new adventure. I want to meet that person, or write that article, or have that summer romance that will blossom into the next chapter of my life.

As of now, I have some big plans come September, but who knows what will happen between now and then. As John Lennon famously said, “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans”, so who knows…

I have however beefed up my acting resume since last year, completing 2 films, and also my writing one as well. But until my even bigger break, I’m (happily for now) waiting in the Hamptons!

No comments:

Post a Comment